IMEI is the identification number of your phone. If you lost your phone or you do any criminal activities with your phone, then the police can find your phone using the IMEI number.
And when you buy a phone from a source other than an official retailer. You should change your IMEI number. In today’s article, we will review the MTK IMEI repair tool that you can download to change your Phone’s IMEI.
What is MTK IMEI Repair Tool
The MTK IMEI repair tool is a simple windows software. It allows you to rewrite or change your phone’s IMEI number by flashing your device. With an MTK IMEI changer, you can completely change your IMEI as you wish or at random. The new IMEI created by the IMEI write tool is totally active.
The Features of MTK IMEI Repair Tool
Android MTK IMEI Repair Tool is portable software. By portable, we mean you don’t need to install it on your PC. Carry the software on your USB drive and use it any time. Launch the program directly from the exe file and connect your phone to write IMEI.
The MTK IMEI repair tool is a very user-friendly tool. We will say the easiest tool to repair the IMEI number. Download MTK Driver Auto Installer. Just Launch the software and connect your phone with your PC. Select IMEI 1 replace is and click “Write IMEI.” That is all done.
Flash Single SIM Device
With the help of this tool, users can write IMEI on single SIM phones. So, if you want to change both of your IMEI on a dual sim device, you have to look for an alternative.
The MTK IMEI repair tool without box is a compatible software for any windows. You can use it on any Windows OS. Works fine on Windows XP, 7,8,8.1, and 10.
How to use MTK IMEI Repair Tool
Using the MTK IMEI Write Tool is quite easy. Yet here is a manual you can follow to use the tool properly.
- MTK IMEI Repair Tool Download the latest version
- Extract the ZIP file on your PC
- Now Go to your Phone Setting and then go to the developer mode.
- If you can’t find the developer mode, press on “Build Number” 7 to 8 times.
- Now from the advanced setting, allow USB Debugging and Unlock OEM.
- Connect your Device with your PC and select the mode as COMPORT.
- On the IMEI write tool, select your device and the correct IMEI
- Replace with a valid or new IMEI
- Now click on “Write IMEI” and wait.
- When you get a success,the notification disconnects your phone, and the process is over.
Thing to Remember
Changing IMEI is illegal in some countries. So, know the laws of your country. And after flashing your phone, reboot it. Check the IMEI again by dialing *#06#.
How do I fix IMEI with MTK Engineering?
To change IMEI in engineering mode, you have two ways.
1) dial *#*#3646633#*#*, and you will be directly into engineering mode.
2) Download MTK Engineering or Mobile Uncle app.
Go to the engineering mode.
Select MTK Setting> Connectivity > CDS information > Radio Information
For changing IMEI on the first SIM:
Select Phone 1
On the blank Area, write this Code “AT+ EGMR=1,7,” Write Your IMEI Number.”
For changing IMEI on the second SIM:
Select Phone 2
Write “AT+ EGMR=1,10,” “Write Your IMEI Number”
Press “Send at Command,” and your work is done here.
How Do I Fix MTK Invalid IMEI?
- Go to settings and then “Backup & Reset.”
- Tap on Reset> Factory Reset
- Dial *#7465625# or *#*#3646633#*#* on your phone.
- Replace IMEI 1 or IMEI 2 as you desire, then click SEND.
Why Does My Phone Show Invalid IMEI?
There are many reasons for showing invalid IMEI. The first probable reason is the wrong factory reset. You have failed to reset your phone in a proper way. Other reasons could be getting your sim card out of the slot. And the last could be damaging your phone’s SIM network.
How Can I Change My Computer IMEI?
You cannot change your Computer IMEI. IMEI means International Mobile Equipment Identity. And only mobile phones and tablets get IMEI as you can use SIM cards. Computers have other addressing methods. An IP address is the address of your Computer.
And you can’t change the permanent IP address well; you can change your IP address using a VPN while you are on the internet.
Here we have described everything you need to know about MTK IMEI Repair Tool. You can download MTK Repair Tool V 18.104.22.168 to write your IMEI. With this version, you can only repair single SIM phones. But for Dual SIM, we recommend SNTool or WR Tool.